Monday, February 7, 2011

More New Sets and Special Designs! Cutesters Too!, The Florida Project and Nerds Rock!

This week on the Disney Blog they announced a few new figures and have also confirmed the super chaser in Cutesters Too. *****CHASER SPOILER ALERT***** The chaser for the Cutesters Too is a red candied apple and the super chaser is a sour (green) candied apple. Although I have a tendency to collect chasers, I don’t think I will be hunting it down like I did with the original Cutesters set. The reason being:
1. The original chaser was GOR-GEOUS! Like, Princess Diana gorgeous.
 2. I actually didn’t mind some of the figures in the original set. I ended up keeping a few of the ones I had pulled instead of trading them away. 
3. This new set scares me. I love anime and other cutesy Japanese characters and such but this set doesn’t have that Japanese feel. It doesn’t even appeal to me on the anime level. It just seems to me that they will mostly appeal to little kids and possibly the Japanese market.


 On this new set I do like the use of clear and almost clear on the candied apples and soap, but not enough to go out and try for the soap or the candied apples. If the chasers end up falling in my lap, yeah I’ll get them but, otherwise no Cutesters Too chasers for me! You can see eight of the designs on the Official Vinylmation Facebook Page. Plus they have recently been sighted on Ebay so you can quickly see all of the designs released since someone put them up immediately after they were released.


The three new designs that they released for the Florida Project I am rather excited for, especially the Epcot design. I do love the new design for the Magic Kingdom original one day passport, but if I had to choose I would choose Epcot because that park is very special to me. I like the new Winnie the Pooh design but it’s not one I am excited for, unlike the Fantasmic 9 inch that is scheduled for release on the 18th

Another highly anticipated series, Nerds Rock! will debut on the 18th. I have not seen all of the designs yet, but I think I want Donald the most because he reminds me of Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory which is one of my favorite shows. I’m also starting to like Chip because he kind of reminds me of Raj. According to the Disney blog they are declaring February 18th Official Vinylmation Nerds Rock Day! They also tell you to wear your glasses because they will. I assume that the cast members will be wearing oversized glasses…I can’t wait to see pictures of that!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment