Friday, May 13, 2011

Please Let It Not Be True!!

The Sea Creatures have been out for a while now and I have found their new vinyl form to be rather lacking. For one they hacked the Mickey form into three parts!!!!! I suppose I understand it from the perspective of trying to reduce the odd paint buildup in some of the creases on the older form, but I am entirely opposed to any collectable vinyl lines changing their base form. In an art form that is based on creating designs working with a set form, it's kind of like cheating... especially on the lobster where they re-sculpted his hands:



Secondly, and most important, THEY GOT RID OF MICKEY'S NOSE!! Why oh why did you get rid of the nose??? On the Sea Creatures I could handle it but, this same form is being used for the Pirates of the Caribbean (one of my all time favorite movies). Now those beloved pirates just look like they have chubby faces and no nose!
The chubby pirates
I'm so sorry Captain Jack Sparrow!!
I just hope that the designers come to their senses and give us back our Mickey noses! It takes so much of the definition away! Plus they may never have come up with great designs using that little bump of a nose such as:

So many great designs use that lovable nose for inspiration! And if the design doesn't need the nose, paint over it as if it weren't there.

I just hope that they won't make these changes on the Do-It-Yourself vinyls.


No comments:

Post a Comment